We will be exploring the changing seasons and learning to identify trees by the leaves and bark. We might even find a pile of leaves around to jump into!
- September 28 – October 2 – We will be making mobiles out of found objects in nature that we collect in our time outside after homework. We will create wreaths made of the seed heads of flowers from the garden to provide food for all of the birds who will stay through the winter.
- October 5 – 9 – Seed collections work very well for exploring, measuring, weighing, adding, and subtracting. Just for fun, we will compare the weight and mass of popcorn before and after it is popped. We will also spend some time outside cleaning out the gardens and getting them ready for winter.
- October 12 – 16 – We will be making nature jewelry using acorns, sunflower seeds, and other items found in nature. If you have any of these items at your house please collect them and bring them in.
- October 19 – 23 – This week we will be making a leaf collection. We will collect leaves from all of the trees around the school but if you have some interesting trees at home bring in leaves to share with everyone. We could also use magazines to press the leaves in.
- October 26 – 30 – We will be making our own sidewalk chalk in Halloween colors and using it to draw monster shadows out on the playground. We will discuss safe ways to trick or treat so everyone can have a Happy Halloween. Please remember that no costumes are allowed at TTLC.