The leaves are changing color and the air is getting cooler, it must be Fall. We will be spending a lot of time outside this month, enjoying the weather and learning about trees and how they change throughout the seasons. As sure as the leaves fall in October the noses start to run so we will use this opportunity to learn all about healthy habits to keep us feeling good. We are learning that sickness is caused by germs and there are less germs outside than inside so please make sure you always wear a jacket we will go outside everyday unless it is raining.
- October 1 – 5 – This week it is all about trees as we learn about the life cycle of trees, talk about how trees provide for us and what products come from trees. We will be examining the leaves, bark and shape of the trees and learning to identify some of the common trees on our playground.
- October 8 – 12 –As we learn about the four seasons and their sequence we will also be talking about what we like best about each season and what we don’t like. We will even be creating our own season book with a different picture for each season.
- October 15 – 19 – We are very excited this week to go on our annual fall field trip to Marquette State Park. We will be playing in the leaves, going for a hike up to the top of the bluffs to McPike’s Peak where you can see three rivers meet. After the hike we’ll have a picnic lunch and fall asleep on the bus…would you like to come too?
- October 22 – 26 – Fall is a time for harvesting and we will explore all of the edible parts of plants. We will eat flowers, leaves, fruits, roots, and seeds. We are going to do graphing activities to show everyone’s favorites. Do you know why popcorn pops? We do just ask us!
- October 29 – November 2 — All this week we will talk about all of the things we can do to stay healthy like following rules, washing hands, staying clean, exercising , getting lots of sleep and our favorite, eating healthy food.All week the kids will bring in special snacks from a different food group each day, don’t forget to sign up.