Don’t be alarmed but this place is crawling with bugs! We will spend the whole month of July exploring the creepy crawly world of insects and spiders. We will talk about ways that insects are helpful and harmful and learn the characteristics of insects. In case you need a refresher they have 3 body parts, 6 legs, 2 antennas, and an exterior skeleton. We will learn what body parts are common to all kids like eyes, ears, elbows, and ankles. This month we will also work on learning our phone numbers, which is super hard, so any practice we can get will help us remember!
- July 1 – 5 – We are taking time out from insects this week to celebrate America’s birthday with red, white and blue activities all week long. Make sure to wear red, white and blue on Tuesday for the Independence Day Parade. Please remember that we will be closed Thursday, July 4 in observance of Independence Day.
- July 8 – 12 – We are going to be cooking up a storm this week as we learn about bees and we make biscuits for biscuits and honey. Later this week we are baking cookies…BUG cookies! Hey you don’t suppose those cookies have real bugs in them, do you?
- July 15 – 19 – Nothing tastes better on a hot July day than some ice cold watermelon but watch out because we are having a seed spitting contest! We’ve been watering and weeding and now it is time for eating. On Thursday we will have a garden dinner with fresh green beans, mmmmmmm good!
- July 22 – 26 – It is water play day on Tuesday so come ready to get SOAKED!!!!! Feel free to bring a squirt bottle but no guns please. On Thursday we are going out for a picnic and we’re going to let the ants do lunch clean up just to give the teachers a break.
- July 29 – August 2—First it was bugs, now we’re cooking up worms, worm cookies! Cooking is just one way we learn math, we will also be counting ladybug spots, spider legs and measuring (gummi) worms. Don’t forget Thursday is the annual bug race, bring your bug to school in a jar and we will put them through their paces before releasing them into the wild.