We love bugs! They move around in the most wonderful ways. This month we will be hopping like grasshoppers, crawling like ants, rolling like roly-poly bugs and even wriggling like worms. The cooking craze continues this month with four new cooking activities. MMMMMMM I can’t wait. Don’t forget we go outside every day, when it gets super hot we will go out early to avoid the heat. Be sure to make 8-hour sunscreen part of getting ready each day Coppertone sport is one that stays on through water play and sweat. Be sure to bring hats and sunglasses every day so we can all be comfortable and safe.
- July 2 – 6 – Happy Birthday America! We are going to have some awesome fireworks. Ok, we are painting with spray bottles but it is going to look like fireworks. We are baking red, white and blue cookies this week. Please remember that we will be closed Wednesday, July 4 in observance of Independence Day.
- July 9 – 13 – We are hard at work painting butterflies, scribbling spider webs and splat painting with flyswatters. After we work up an appetite with all that art we are cooking up some ladybug pudding which gives us the perfect excuse to practice using our spoons neatly.
- July 16 – 20 –We have been working hard out in the garden for months now and it is all about to pay off. We’re cooking up a big pot of homegrown green beans, potatoes, and ham for lunch as we learn all about where our food comes from. Mmmmm it smells delicious.
- July 23 – 27 – It’s off to the races this week, a worm race that is. We are pretending to be worms because using real ones would be too squishy. We’re having a picnic and we are making ants on a log to eat, no not real ants. The real ants are on clean-up duty after we finish eating.
- July 30 – August 3 —This week we find plenty of counting to be done. We are counting ladybug, spots, butterfly wings, spider legs and anything else we can think of. Don’t forget Thursday is the annual bug race, bring your bug to school in a jar and we will put them through their paces before releasing them into the wild.