We love watching the seasons change outside and fall is so much fun. We are going to rake leaves, collect leaves, seeds and nuts and get our gardens ready for winter. As it gets cooler we will continue to go outside every day that it gets above 60 degrees and not raining, so make sure you have a jacket. The fresh air and exercise will help everyone stay healthy into the beginning of cold season. Please help us minimize the number of germs inside by washing your child’s hands upon arrival to and departure from school each day.
- October 1 – 5 – We will celebrate manners and apples at the same time with an Applesauce Party. We will practice saying please and thank you and using our spoons and napkins while we enjoy the best fruit fall has to offer. We will use apples to count and sort by size and color.
- October 8 – 12 – Apples continue to be a theme this week as we break out the paint and make prints from real apple and paint hand print apple trees. We will think of all of the words we know that describe apples and practice carrying baskets filled with apples.
- October 15 – 19 – Leaves are falling everywhere and we are going to try to catch them. We will look at all of the things that make each tree’s leaves unique as we search through piles and piles of them. If you have any neat leaves at your house bring them in to share.
- October 22 – 26 – Have you visited the good apple tree bulletin board in the front hallway? The Beginner teachers will be posting good apple awards all month long for the children who make good choices, are good friends, good nappers, and stay dry. Keep checking back all month long.
- October 29 – November 2 —Nutrition is the name of the game this week as all of the children bring in special snack to share from a different food group each day.Don’t forget to sign up to bring your favorite nutritious snack. Check at your center for which food group we are celebrating each day.