We love watching the seasons change outside and fall is so much fun. We are going to rake leaves, collect leaves, seeds, and nuts, and get our gardens ready for winter. As it gets cooler we will continue to go outside every day that it gets above 60 degrees and not raining, so make sure you have a jacket. The fresh air and exercise will help everyone stay healthy at the beginning of the cold season. Please help us minimize the number of germs inside by washing your child’s hands upon arrival to and departure from school each day.
- September 28 – October 2 – We will celebrate manners and apples at the same time with an Applesauce Party. We will practice saying please and thank you and using our spoons and napkins while we enjoy the best fruit fall has to offer. We will use apples to count and sort by size and color.
- October 5 – 9 – Apples continue to be a theme this week as we break out the paint and make prints from real apple and paint handprint apple trees. We will think of all of the words we know that describe apples and practice carrying baskets filled with apples.
- October 12 – 16 – Leaves are falling everywhere and we are going to try to catch them. We will look at all of the things that make each tree’s leaves unique as we search through piles and piles of them. If you have any neat leaves at your house bring them in to share.
- October 19 – 23 – Have you visited the good apple tree bulletin board in the front hallway? The Beginner teachers will be posting good apple awards all month long for the children who make good choices, are good friends, good nappers, and stay dry. Keep checking back all month long.
- October 26 – 30 – Halloween skeletons will be used as a fun way to focus on healthy life practices and ways to keep children’s bodies healthy. Children’s own areas of responsibility for keeping themselves healthy will be emphasized.